An abused spouse can get legal authority involved. An abused (same way) now-adult child will just be told to just move out. Why?

What makes it hard for an abused spouse to get out can be the same in both situations. Scary threats, theft, guilt trip, so on. But I, still living with abusive and impatiant parents, have no right to get legal help if I report them. Is this all 50 states or just my location?
8 answers 8