Is this normal or is something wrong?

I got my first period when I was 12, but then didn't get my next one until 5 months later. I kept getting my period every three to five months until I went on birth control during my sophmore year (15-16 years old). While I was on birth control my period was regulated and came every month. I am now twenty and... show more I got my first period when I was 12, but then didn't get my next one until 5 months later. I kept getting my period every three to five months until I went on birth control during my sophmore year (15-16 years old). While I was on birth control my period was regulated and came every month. I am now twenty and just went off my birth control and haven't gotten my period in two months. I used to just say it was because I was younger and hadn't had my period for that long and then I just stopped thinking about it. Is this normal or is something wrong?

I stopped taking it because I went away for a week and forgot my birth control at home and was told it was better to wait until my next period to start taking them again.