How to deal with loneliness and depression ?

Sometimes I feel isolated, unwanted by everyone, I don’t know what to do in life, I feel hopeless, and ashamed of myself. I don’t know where to turn and everything feels cold.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Dogs are usually much nicer than people.

• 6 months ago

God loves You

Jesus is the Way

• 6 months ago

1) Get exposed to sunlight 2) Walk / run/ go to gym 3) Meditate and do yoga 4) Socialize and meet some cool people 5) Laugh a lot - watch comedy series or movies 6) Get a pet - dog will be the best if you can have one 7) Get 8 hrs of sleep and stay away from devices atleast 1hr before bed. 6) Have a balanced diet .

• 6 months ago

I suffer with depression and anxiety and panic attacks and there's only one thing that works. Exercise

I have even changed my career to a Personal Trainer

That's how much it works

Get up 90 minutes earlier and use weights for an hour and run between 5 and 15 miles everyday. Ignore the 'over doing it' bs as it is the only thing that works

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

What's something that makes you happy? turn it into a job just nothing illegal you don't wanna get in trouble with the law. Jail is more depressing than being free. Talk to a therapist and even if it's hard to get out of bed and it seems pointless and you might dread going you'll be happy that you went. Sometimes the things we dread end up being the things that won't make us feel bad like we think they will. They might be able to prescribe you pills for your depression and for your loneliness if you start working you meet new friends that way.

• dwhaas56 months agoReport

There are many ugly things that you can find that you could change easily. Pull the weeds from around a flower and then admire what you did. Also absolutely have a goal. Even if it is making your bed, talking to friends or going to the kitchen and getting a drink. Our society is messed up now.

• 6 months ago

i think ..we are also glad that you raching out for help ....

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

St. John’s Wort might help with the depression part. . I’ve experienced a lot of the things that you have. And as far as just helping with the depression itself, the St. John’s Wort has really helped me a lot. The prescription anti-depressants I took a really messed me up. I don’t go there anymore. I went back to the St. John’s Wort recently and it’s helping me already. There’s a lot of information on it if you Google it. Even YouTube videos. I tried to put a link but it wasn’t working but there’s a lot of info. Go on draxe.com, mercola.com, etc. Just make sure you buy a decent brand of it don’t go with the real cheapo Walmarts stuff. It does make a difference.

• 6 months ago

Go to places like the YMCA, where you can do something constructive with yourself and that way you can choose who you want to associate with as long as to the extent. Start eating better and you will feel better. I suffer from depression and it helps, you will be amazed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Smoke a bowl.

• 6 months ago

We are so glad that you are reaching out for help. It sounds like you are in a lot of emotional pain. We would suggest using health coping skills (journaling, listening to music, etc.) and focusing on your self care (exercising, eating nutritiously, getting adequate sleep, etc.) to help you manage your depression.

It's so important that you reach out for support from a trusted adult such as a parent, school counselor, teacher, coach, or minister. We would suggest getting evaluated by a medical doctor or mental health professional, and getting involved in counseling. It may help you to talk to a counselor at a hotline. Know that there is help out there for you and you are not alone.

Counselor, MT

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.