Is he not interested in me?

There's this guy I work with. He has shown signs that he could be interested in me. He stares at me all the time, he always listens in when I'm talking to other people and will jump in to comment, agrees with me whenever I'm engaged in some sort of debate with a co-worker, he always sits next to me at... show more There's this guy I work with. He has shown signs that he could be interested in me. He stares at me all the time, he always listens in when I'm talking to other people and will jump in to comment, agrees with me whenever I'm engaged in some sort of debate with a co-worker, he always sits next to me at work meetings, and he always laughs at things I say or smiles at me when I talk to him. One time, when there was a networking event with our large group of colleagues, we were drinking and he spent the whole time by my side even though he didn't know me that well back then. However, I didn't notice it then because I was in a relationship with another guy at the time.

In spite of all these signs, he has not made a move. He's not at all the touchy-feely type and he's very hard to read. Though he's really handsome and smart, he seems shy and possibly inexperienced. I've seen some really pretty girls try to flirt with him at my workplace, and he doesn't flirt back. I know he's single and not currently dating anyone. And he's not gay.

We both were at a party at a friend's house the other night. He had the opportunity to make a move then because I started talking to him when I saw him sitting alone, and then he went home early because he was tired. Does this mean he isn't interested?

Yet, he has not made a move at all. In fact, he's a bit odd in some respects - doesn't TOUCH ANYONE.
I know he is single and not currently dating anyone.
1 answer 1