Bestfriend forgetting my birthday?

Look, I really hate to sound childish, but my best friend (since elementary) has forgotten my birthday. Mind you, we're still in high school -- so it isn't like we have busy jobs or anything. . . and although we go to different schools now, we still hang out from time to time. I've always been there to... show more Look, I really hate to sound childish, but my best friend (since elementary) has forgotten my birthday. Mind you, we're still in high school -- so it isn't like we have busy jobs or anything. . . and although we go to different schools now, we still hang out from time to time. I've always been there to shoot her a text for her birthday even if I can't see her in person, and in the past she has done the same.

However, recently, I feel like she doesn't really seem to care about the things going on in my life. She's gotten a boyfriend this year (which seems to be a serious relationship) and so, whenever we talk, it's always about things with her boyfriend, etc. etc. or the drama she has at school. I've ALWAYS been there to listen to her problems and try and help her troubleshoot them, but I feel like everything is always one-sided.

So, when she forgot it was my birthday but texts me about something else, I feel like I lost my last bit of patience.

I know I shouldn't be this hurt over something like this, but with everything that's been happening prior to this with her, I feel like this is saying something -- not sure what that may be. I haven't responded to her text yet (because, you know... just me being sulky) What should I do? Should I call her out on it or should I just let it go?