Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Child services question?

My child has autism and it is documented. Years back, my son and daughter had a verbal argument and they talked to their friends about it. Their friend called child services making bizarre accusations claiming that I beat my child, but neither has any bruises. They found that here was no abuse. Now, my hubby and child with autism got into an argument and my child got spanked. He told his teacher and his teacher contacted child services. Due to personal things that happened, I cannot get a job and that is documented. We have medicaid and food stamps because my husband doesn’t make enough money.

Could my husband and I have charges pressed against us even if they find nothing wrong since this is the second time they were called on us (my children are happy and healthy and have no bruises on them)? And is it possible for them to take our medicaid and food stamps away just because they were called?

My son’s teacher seemed to have exaggerated what my son told her. He even told her he never said any of the things she accused him of.

• 1 year ago

If they find that you did nothing wrong, then why would they have charges filed against you? CPS cannot take away food stamps or medicaid benefits but the food stamps & medicaid office sure can. They can cut you off any time they think they have given you enough.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • John
    1 year ago

Someone is not determined to be an abusing parent simply because they are reported more than once. There is also no regulations which allow welfare benefits to be taken away simply because on is reported to social services.

• 1 year ago

I don't see how those would affect each other, those are different government entities, I would say do your best not to worry about it and focus on loving your children and making sure this case gets sorted out, as it should.

1 year ago

if theyre the ones lying they should be the ones getting in trouble

1 year ago

I was asking because I heard from someone that we could get charges pressed against us and lose our medicaid and food stamps, even if they didn’t find any signs of abuse, just because it’s the second time we had been falsely accused. My son did make it out to be worse than what happened, he didn’t realize he was doing it though. He didn’t talk to her face to face. He talked to her through text. So, she couldn’t see that he wasn’t bruised or bleeding. For those who are mad about someone on disability, I had been in a car accident and broke my spine. I have random spouts of pain thta are so bad that I cry.

• 1 year ago

If "they find nothing wrong" why would "they" press charges? Irrational much? Let's say you walk down the street and see nothing wrong. Do you call 911? Don't think too hard...