Will I get my old job back?

I interviewed with my former employer about rejoining the company again. The interview went really well and I was completely honest about my reasoning on leaving and why I wanted to come back. At the end of the interview the manager said she would follow up with the store manger (whom I’ve worked with in the past and ended on a great note). She would call by the end of the week...which would be tomorrow I’m assuming. I interview today also. I left on really good terms and even chatted with the district manager for awhile. I also chatted with old coworkers who is now a visual manager and actually told me to apply because he wanted me back. Should I have high hopes?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Never
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The first thing you should have done was call the manager. He probably could have put you back on the schedule without going thru whoever you spoke with.

When i was a manager, ANYONE who worked within the last year (52 weeks) was already in the system & there was no need to bother with new paperwork. (I did all my hiring)

I had a girl who went away for college. I told her if she wanted to work during the break just let me know and Id put her on the schedule. She ended up quitting auburn & moving home so I put her back on the schedule with a phone call and she went to junior college.

If HR or whoever calls your manager, Id say your chances are 99+% that if he wants you back, you get the job. If he does not, you won't.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

you rnight, ive gotten an old job back rnyself before

• 7 months ago

You're asking two questions here; 1. Will you get your old job back? We have no idea. No one should be asked to predict such a thing. 2. Should you have high hopes? Yes, if you think such hopes are justified, or no if you think they're not. We have no idea if they're as justified as you make them sound, because we weren't there.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Sounds like you have a good chance. good luck

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.