Can somebody ask for help on gofundme for themselves?

Years back, I became ill and ended up on disability. I lost all the money I had saved, for a down-payment, on my own house. I now live in a tiny low income apartments. Also, something “happened” to me in these apartments that left it’s mark on me. I am not giving any details but it is a reason I want to have my... show more Years back, I became ill and ended up on disability. I lost all the money I had saved, for a down-payment, on my own house. I now live in a tiny low income apartments.
Also, something “happened” to me in these apartments that left it’s mark on me. I am not giving any details but it is a reason I want to have my own house.
I could handle the mortgage and taxes, I just can’t get that bulk sum saved for the down payment.
Wold something like this even qualify me to ask for help? Can I ask for help for myself or does somebody else have to do it for you
I know nothing about these things. I am a bit embarrassed to even have to ask for help.

For those telling me to just “rent” a house, rent is a lot more than mortgage and there isn’t a lot of security in renting. A landlord could put you out in the middle of winter if the decided they wanted to sell. Besides, it been a life long dream to own my own house.

Please only helpful answers. Thanks You
Update: SimplytheFACTS Contracts run out. This very thing did happen to a family member of mine. I WAS thinking of a small very inexpensive house. As long as it was livable.
Update 2: I know this is not a discussion forum but I wanted to make something clear. I am NOT the begging type. I have always been a giver, with what i had to share. I said something bad happened here but also, this particular housing group causes the tenants a LOT of stress. They made it clear that they don't want us... show more I know this is not a discussion forum but I wanted to make something clear. I am NOT the begging type. I have always been a giver, with what i had to share. I said something bad happened here but also, this particular housing group causes the tenants a LOT of stress. They made it clear that they don't want us to make these apartments our homes. I am not seeking pity just help & appreciate those who ARE trying to help.