Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 year ago

Enlistment Question?

Hello all. I m seeking to find advice regarding past medical marijuana use when looking to join the military(USAF). My case is special as I held a medical marijuana card as a minor at the age of 15. I intend to be honest and up front about this to my recruiter, as I know it will come up later in attaining SC. I m just curious as to how doomed I am given my past use, despite abstaining and focusing on enlistment. Thank you for any and all input.

• Mrsjvb
    1 year ago

There is no such thing as medical marijuana use as far as the military is concerned , plus the reason you had it in the first place is a DQ. And they aren’t given to minors.

So that’s three strikes.

• 1 year ago

My case is special as I held a medical marijuana card as a minor at the age of 15.

FLAT OUT LIE. NO US state has EVER issued medical marijuana cards to minors.

In addition, there are NO medical conditions that qualify for medical marijuana that are not disqualifiers for enlistment.

• A Hunch
      1 year agoReport

"NO US state has EVER issued medical marijuana cards to minors." Incorrect - children get cancer, glaucoma, etc (unfortunately) All states with mm allow cards allow cards for minors. Ex: St of CA https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP-FAQs.aspx#Can%20a%20minor%20apply%20for%20an%20MMIC?

• RICK
    1 year ago

Any medical condition that qualified for medical marijuana in a minor is totally disqualification

Source::22 years in military medicine

• 1 year ago

Don't admit anything! As long as you're clean when you do the medical, you're just fine.

Anything that is done as a minor and medical, is usually sealed as long as it's not illegal activity.

• 1 year ago

You are doomed. Not because you have used med marijuana.

But because of the medical condition that you were using the marijuana for.