Is it unreasonable to expect my brother not to act like this even though he has autism, when he is 34 years old?? I feel like he is doing i?

I am upset because I only ever seem to see people talk about children with autism where their parents are taking care of them and the parents are frustrated. However, my mom is living with her girlfriend in another state and refuses to take care of HER 34 year old son who has autism, so I have to do it because no... show more I am upset because I only ever seem to see people talk about children with autism where their parents are taking care of them and the parents are frustrated. However, my mom is living with her girlfriend in another state and refuses to take care of HER 34 year old son who has autism, so I have to do it because no one else will. I just turned 33 and my brother will be 35 in August, and I was watching an episode of Sesame Street where a character has autism and big bird was asking the character something 2 or 3 times and the character didn't respond and the man said he might have to ask a few times, and that is EXACTLY what my brother does and it irritates the hell out of me. I also feel like he is doing it on purpose, because he always does it and it seems like he never learns anything! Like I will try to ask him a question or ask if he can help me do something, and I could ask 2 or 3 times but he doesn't respond so I just feel like he is ignoring me on purpose. Then I get pissed off and end up doing it myself, and if I say anything later on he just says he could have helped me, but he wouldn't respond when I asked for help! I just want to know if there is anything at all I can do that might make my brother stop acting this way? I just really need help. And why is he acting this way when he is 34? Like why does it seem like he never learns to change his behavior even when he sees that it bothers people??