Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

Do u think its a healthy choice to have kids?

My wife wants kids? I'm hesitating because she has hydrocephalus since birth. Last year she undergo brain surgery and was hospitalized for 3 months and she also developed 6th cranial nerve palsy last yr. The general surgeon said she has little abdominal adhesions from previous surgeries.

Do u guys believe that she will stop saying this over time. I even said to her we can adopt if you want. She said its not same as your own. She just wants to expeirence carrying a baby for 9 months. I tell her that there are many people are childless still their marriage is running good its all about understanding among couples.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've got no idea if she can become pregnant and give birth safely. You know who might? Her doctor. And since it's a good idea to get seen before pregnancy anyway, maybe she should go talk to her doctor and say, "Hey, I'm thinking of having a baby. If I did what are my risks?"

Once you have an actual idea of her health situation maybe the answer will be clearer for both of you.

• John P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

She should take advice from the medical profession about whether she should have kids, given her medical history. Answers here or on any site might be from people who have no medical knowledge, or whose experience is not relevant to your wife's medical history.

Indeed it is about "understanding between couples". Your understanding of your wife.

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Well, yes, it IS all about understanding among couples. And you're failing to understand her. You're completely dismissing her desire to have a biological child, carried by her. You're failing to understand or care why it's important to her, and you're basically telling her she is defective, not good enough to carry a child.

And based on what? You obviously have no problem sharing her medical history with us, so I think it's glaringly obvious that no doctor was consulted to discuss possible medical consequences of your wife getting pregnant. You just come to the conclusion she shouldn't get pregnant all by yourself. So much for understanding between couples.

It's okay that you're concerned. It is NOT okay that you unilaterally decide that your wife shouldn't get pregnant, not if having kids at all isn't the issue. You should be telling her "let's see a doctor to make sure it's safe" instead of "I don't think it's safe, so you're not allowed."

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes,

If you want kids than you should

have them there is no other reason

that you would ever need just do it!

my dear!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

This is a question for her doctor, not for you to decide, and not for people on Yahoo to diagnose her.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.