lost it asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 6 months ago

What’s the philosophy behind someone existing and not wanting to be my friend?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best answer

Every human can exercize choice.

• 6 months ago

They have to be your friend because they exist? That is the most egotistical thing I’ve ever heard.

• 6 months ago

? Weird question. Ever heard of free choice?

• They have their own life. They can choose who to spend it with. They should not have to justify who they spend it with or do not spend it with. The reasons will not be friendly. The reasons will not be socially acceptable or amiable to standards of morality. As much as we try to be good, I do not think anyone wants to be ruled by ‘the need to be good’ to the point that there is no freedom or choice in their personal affairs. We are not automatons. Our morality, our code, is something we have created. We can choose it’s limit and it’s scope. And call it extreme to apply it further.

There is a realm of life which must not be ruled by convention but by the beast inside with its lust and passion. Unfettered. Getting to know oneself is to know the inclinations of your inner beast. And it is the source of fundamental freedom. The beast chooses to live by morality and societal norms. And as long as we remember that we are still in control, we are still free.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

6 billion exist on this planet. Is it reasonable to expect all of them to want to be your friend?

• lost it
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Thats not a philosophical answer, friend!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.