Can I go on my already paid-for holiday while waiting for a meeting with social services?

My boyfriend lives with his sister and her partner and their foster kids, one of the kids has just started her period and decided to tell her school she was being beaten by my boyfriend and her foster parents because they put her on the stairs for being naughty, thing is, we have already paid to go away on holiday this weekend - a lot of money - and he doesn t think we can go because he doesn t want it to look bad if they call this meeting through the weekend that we re away.

They haven t told him when the meeting is, and the kids have been allowed back home but until he has this meeting he has to stay away from the kids, so my question is, can we still go away and simply tell them we ll be back on Monday? And if so, would that look bad? My grandparents don t think it would be a problem as he would be away from the kids and he would be back for a meeting next week.

He s worried that going away would make him look guilty or like he didnt care what happened, when really we re just in a long distance relationship and he was coming to see me for the first time in 2 months and go camping with my friends.

What can we do? We re supposed to leave tomorrow and I literally cant get a refund at such short notice.. This will cost us so much money if he cant come and we re not well off, it would be such a waste.

I want to see my boyfriend. He wants to see me but he s terrified to leave town in case it looks bad on him.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The meeting surely wouldn't take place over the weekend so on a bureaucratic level it's probably okay. However, for your bf to be facing prison and for you to be worrying about your holiday seems strange.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The timing really sucks, but it's very understandable he doesn't want to go. Nobody can predict these things, and even if odds are low they pick this weekend, this is his future on the line. It was wrong of your grandmother to guess about this, because if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be interested in guesses. I'd want to know for sure, and he doesn't.

Why can't you just go on your own? If you want to see him really badly, another option is just suck it up and lose the money. This stuff happens. Whatever you decide, though, I think you need to be more supportive of him. It might be the way you wrote it, but it sounds like you're trying to talk him into going. It won't be any fun at all for him if he's worried the whole time, so that seems unfair.

• I only wanted to help him get here without worrying it was going to look bad, turns out they dont want him until mid next week so they've literally ruined his plans because they never got in touch to tell him that in time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.