Can I go on my already paid-for holiday while waiting for a meeting with social services?

My boyfriend lives with his sister and her partner and their foster kids, one of the kids has just started her period and decided to tell her school she was being beaten by my boyfriend and her foster parents because they put her on the stairs for being naughty, thing is, we have already paid to go away on holiday... show more My boyfriend lives with his sister and her partner and their foster kids, one of the kids has just started her period and decided to tell her school she was being beaten by my boyfriend and her foster parents because they put her on the stairs for being naughty, thing is, we have already paid to go away on holiday this weekend - a lot of money - and he doesn t think we can go because he doesn t want it to look bad if they call this meeting through the weekend that we re away.

They haven t told him when the meeting is, and the kids have been allowed back home but until he has this meeting he has to stay away from the kids, so my question is, can we still go away and simply tell them we ll be back on Monday? And if so, would that look bad? My grandparents don t think it would be a problem as he would be away from the kids and he would be back for a meeting next week.

He s worried that going away would make him look guilty or like he didnt care what happened, when really we re just in a long distance relationship and he was coming to see me for the first time in 2 months and go camping with my friends.

What can we do? We re supposed to leave tomorrow and I literally cant get a refund at such short notice.. This will cost us so much money if he cant come and we re not well off, it would be such a waste.

I want to see my boyfriend. He wants to see me but he s terrified to leave town in case it looks bad on him.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.