Congestive heart failure in dogs ? Will she be ok?

I m so torn. My 12 year old dachshund has always had a clean bill of health and all of sudden she fell one day and got back up. and it was like nothing happened. The other night, she fainted for about 30 secs.until she got back up again. l had to take her to be seen. I went to an emergency hospital and the... show more I m so torn. My 12 year old dachshund has always had a clean bill of health and all of sudden she fell one day and got back up. and it was like nothing happened. The other night, she fainted for about 30 secs.until she got back up again. l had to take her to be seen. I went to an emergency hospital and the tentative diagnosis was advanced mitral valve disease. I wanted a second opinion, so I called my vet and he had the paperwork and said it sounds like congestive heart failure. The last couple of days have felt like hell for me and my husband. She still eats, drinks and likes going on walks like usual.... 

I guess I'm just asking if anyone has dealt with this, what the general outlook is, what I should be concerned about etc etc. All info is helpful because I dont want her to be in pain or die from some painful...and how long does my babygirl really have ? :/
3 answers 3