Does having my MacBook plugged in all the time damage its battery?

I have my MacBook Air plugged into an external monitor, mouse and keyboard for 95% of the time I use it. At the time, I was expecting to use it both for work and for personal use but I seem to be doing less work outside of work now, so in hindsight I probably should have brought a desktop. Will having it plugged into the charger all the time damage its battery? Thank you in advance

• 1 year ago

Keeping laptop plugged-in all the time kills battery,because battery does not discharge.Normal Li-Ion battery

makes 800 cycles charge/discharge. The condition when battery only charges is abnormal and in some time will kill battery.

• P
    1 year ago

Generally your laptop should be just fine leaving it plugged in. The worst thing for a lithium battery is to let it get discharged below 20%. That said to get lithium batteries to last 10+ years studies show that the batteries also shouldn't be charged above 90% on a regular basis, however the only companies who currently seem to follow this rule with automated charging are electric car manufacturers. Some people try to do it on their own, but you will probably just end up driving yourself nuts over it. Aftermarket batteries for Mac are not that expensive if you had to replace it.

• 1 year ago

no

• 1 year ago

No, it's a good idea to have your MacBook plugged in to the wall all the time anyway because you'll drain the battery even more if you have to charge it every time.

• 1 year ago

I'm not much of an expert on batteries or circuits/electronics, but as I understand it, pretty much all laptop charging circuits will stop charging the battery once it is fully charged. From that point, it will run from the charger. Though it might be a good idea to run on battery power every so often as rick mentioned.

• 1 year ago

i wouldnt think so, i have rny laptop plugged in all the tirne and it dont rness up rny batteries

1 year ago

best to let it 'run-down' occasionally ....................