Are garage sales and antique buying becoming a thing of the past?

Last weekend out town had a community-wide garage sale. Considering how much advertising there was and the ads I placed for my own sale on Craig's List, FB and local media, there was only a moderate turnout - at least what I could see form my house, and I live on the main street. I got some looky-loos, but not... show more Last weekend out town had a community-wide garage sale. Considering how much advertising there was and the ads I placed for my own sale on Craig's List, FB and local media, there was only a moderate turnout - at least what I could see form my house, and I live on the main street. I got some looky-loos, but not many bought. Whatever folks want, apparently I didn't have it, or not for a price that was agreeable. Seems everyone these days expects to get everything for free or not over $1. I am not giving away my antiques!