Khiara asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

At what prescription should you be wearing glasses all the time?

My recent prescription is -3.00 should I be wearing glasses all the time for this prescription or just as and when ie for driving etc..

Wear them all the time! It would be hard to see anything at that prescription! Are you new at wearing glasses? No big deal as it will be in your best interest to put them on when you first wake up and till you go to bed! You will get use to wearing them as it will be second nature! Don't worry about what others think of you just wear them and be proud like the rest of us that has to wear glasses!

• Bernd

That is enough correction for myopia that full time makes sense. But it will not damage your eyes to take them off when reading or on the computer. Your choice.

That's up to you. I started wearing my glasses full time in the 4th grade because I got tired of taking them on and off in the classroom. I am near sighted. I could not read the board without my glasses. I was 10 years old..

I personally would wear them all the time.

Can you see without them? If you can't, wear them. Mine is -1.25 and I always wear my glasses.