Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Is training a dog with a shock collar cruel? I don’t want to do it because I believe is cruel but has anyone used it?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

YES it IS cruel. Maybe you should get shocked yourself to see how the dog feels then you will realize it is cruel. SHAME on those who use it on poor animals.

• J M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes it is cruel.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In my opinion, yes. There are better ways to train a dog.

• 6 months ago

Yes it is very cruel, and good on you for not wanting to do it. Using a shock collar is painful for the dog, and is also potentially very dangerous if the dog has some kind of ongoing medical condition which can be affected by it e.g. epilepsy.

When training a dog, it's far better to use positive reinforcement i.e. rewarding good behavior. For example, asking them to sit and when they do, giving them a treat.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I wouldn't use a shock collar I believe it could scare the dog and they aren't used for general training

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I am not aware they are used for routine training.

I wouldn't use one. I think they can make a fearful dog worse. I've never had a need to shock a dog to get its attention.

• 6 months ago

Yes they are cruel and unnecessary.

• 6 months ago

Anyone thinking of using this collar should first of all be made to wear one themselves first then they will know how cruel it is.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes very.

It's not a hard question to answer. Animals, especially mammals, are very similar to us in just about every way. They can think and feel, they have emotions, they can get frustrated, upset, happy and sad. They probably don't experience more complex emotions like we do, like greed or jealousy, but they do have a broad range of sentience.

So if you feel like you would not want to be trained with a shock collar, then it's a given that animals wouldn't either.

• 6 months ago

The shock collars are NOT for general training.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.