YIKES! father-in-law's new gf is twisting my words?

in a nutshell, my husbands father's new gf and I hit things off really well, until 4 months later. she announced my "pregnancy" . everything and anything I tell her seems to get misheard, and she tells my father in law her version of it which blows my mind. I was telling her about my OBGYN appointment... show more in a nutshell, my husbands father's new gf and I hit things off really well, until 4 months later. she announced my "pregnancy" . everything and anything I tell her seems to get misheard, and she tells my father in law her version of it which blows my mind. I was telling her about my OBGYN appointment (the usual regular checkup) and how my doctor was patronizing me about my birth control choice of the nuvaring whereas she wanted me to do the armor up which I did not want. My doctor made comments such as "oh you're not pregnant yet?" and "oh I bet you must be infertile" because she just rude and putting up an attitude for whatever reason based on my choice of birth control. so I am telling this to the new girlfriend, and she was like "wow, yeah she seems horrible, you should go see another OBGYN"... my father in law heard some of the conversation, and thought I was talking about the fact that I was pregnant. instead of coming to me, he asked her if I was pregnant, and she said I was trying to conceive?! like hello? so because of that, there was a meeting held (behind my back) to announce my pregnancy. I found out about it, and had to explain over and over again my side of the story. Anyways, now there are barriers between me, and everyone because now everyone just thinks I made up stories and told her lies?! she refuses to talk to me about it, or to anyone about it because she "doesnt want to get involved" UGH! Why would she do that? and how the heck did she misunderstand me?
4 answers 4