My landlord never answers the phone?

I pay my rent early and some times I'm forced too the way my checks are set up if I don't I will be late. Even trying to pay early there have been times that I have been late because no one ever answers the phone in their office. I don't have a email for the owner and her personal line goes unanswered also. Also when I put in work orders no one ever shows up so I call the office and they don't answer either. Like 5 days straight I have left messages saying I am trying to pay my rent and no one has responded/called me back. You'd think someone would answer to collect money. They have a system where you sign up and send your info and the office people are suppose to create you an account I have signed up and sent my info and have yet to have an online account to where I can just login and pay my rent. What should I do I am so tired of this inconsistent agency and I should be charged late fees when I call to pay days straight and get no answer!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Send them all requests in writing, and send them recorded delivery - you'll then have proof of when you communicated, and it's on them to respond in time.

• 6 months ago

Why are you stuck on talking to him in order to pay each month? Of course you owe the late fees - you paid late. Paying your rent is never conditional upon talking to the landlord a little before rent is due. Not having an email should not be a problem You have a phone, don't you? And you know his number, right? Text back & forth. Also, who do you think you are sending him "work orders"? He probably ignored them because it is not your job to tell him what to do. Not your place to give him a work order. If you have a repair request, simply report that - as a request.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If you know the address mail it in!

• 6 months ago

Gena, your fear of sending your rent via the mail isn't reasonable, plus legally speaking all communications with your landlord should (and in some cases need to) be in writing anyway (keeping a copy for yourself). So any work orders, rent, and communication of any kind should be mailed, and mailed in a manner that can allow you to show a record of it (like certified mail) in case you have to prove your attempts to contact the landlord ever needs to be proven to a third party (like a judge).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

When I paid rent, I paid via online billpay. I guess thats just way over your head.

ALL I NEEDED WAS THE ADDRESS.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Simply, that's not what the note says. Online bill pay is through your own bank. The leasing agency does not need to sign her up for anything to use it. She only needs their address.

• 6 months ago

Just mail a check each month...

• 6 months ago

people don't need to answer the phone to accept a check. just mail it or drop it off.

a certificate of mailing might be $1.25, or certified for about $4 more if you want proof of mailing

• 6 months ago

Mail a check.

• 6 months ago

Your message is really hard to understand.

- Are you calling an office or a single person?

- Isn't the business address on your lease? You can send them your rent, you can send them maintenance requests, and you can send them requests to get the account finalized.

You need to learn to budget so your pay periods don't impact your bills. Really you should do a few odd jobs to get some extra money so you are a bit ahead of the game.

We have no idea why you are calling to pay rent - you should be sending it in or dropping it off. The only time you should not be charged a late fee is if you really don't have an address to send it to.

• 6 months ago

simple : stop paying rent

• Verulam
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And THAT would be immediate grounds for eviction! Perhaps that's what they are hoping!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.