Is there any reason to use both Dropbox and OneDrive?

I watched a video on YouTube where this guy said he used both. Then someone else in another video said they use both as well. I can't figure out why as they seem to me to provide an identical service. If they're equally as good, why not just choose one to use randomly? If one is better than the other, then use that one, right? Seems like it would add unnecessary confusion trying to use both.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best answer

I use both, but only because of more storage total between the 2. Not like you are using both to store the same files (well in most cases anyway).

• 6 months ago

Using multiple gives extra storage. Dropbox and onedrive have free versions, if one isn't enough use both.

I have a dropbox i use with others for sharing files for various things on projects we work on, onedrive/google storage I use for myself.

For backups it also gives an element of redundancy, if for instance the worst happened and one lost all data the other is hopefully unaffected.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They’re probably using both so that they can get more storage without paying or making a new email.

Personally I just make new email accounts and stick with Mega.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.