Anonymous

Why do people give their newborns away straight away?

• GB
    1 year ago

It is usually the mom who decides that the baby will be adopted. She may be influenced by the dad, but if she wants to keep the baby, against his wishes ; he can't force adoption. He can only choose to walk way.

If I had got pregnant, and knew or felt adoption was the best option, I would have preferred to have the baby taken at birth. I think it would be harder if I had to look after him/her for a few weeks, then have to part. Bonding would have been too painful.

• 1 year ago

There are numerous reasons why people do this. Some examples are: for financial reasons, they are ill equipped to care for & raise a baby, the baby may be the result of a rape, etc. It is important for a baby to attach to a caregiver early on. If a child is to be placed for adoption, it is beneficial to do it early on. Adoption is a very personal decision & each situation is unique.

• 1 year ago

In my case, my original mom felt unprepared to parent for many reasons. I thank her every day for letting me live my one, irreplaceable life, and for making the best decision she could for both of us.

1 year ago

They’re not financially ready to raise a baby

• Mark
    1 year ago

Usually women living below the poverty

mine do this to get out of their misery but

this is a sign of mental health issues for

sure!

• 1 year ago

Because it was the best choice for all involved, in my case.

1 year ago

Because people in which they don't knoware against abortion.

1 year ago

anonymous calling people rug rats, bet they are hideous, pathetic trolls, they should check themselves, better yet, don’t do that, they’re so ugly, I bet they really hate themselves.

Source(s): People give their kids away straight away as arrangement or they don’t want to form an attachment to that baby.
    1 year ago

What sort of imbecilic trolling is this?

-Corvus Blackthorne