android phone won't download when both wifi and data on. whats the problem?

samsung galaxy s7.

tried resetting modem/router. about to try changing the channel.

when i turned data off, it worked on wifi

Update:

have re started the phone

Update 2:

tried changing channel...won't save settings

Update 3:

my weather app is also affected

Update 4:

i have 2.4 and 5ghz..tried turning 1 off, it wouldn't turn off

Update 5:

it started working in the middle of the night and updated all my apps....

Update 6:

changing the channel on the router has reconnected my ereader as well as my friends laptop at his house....when other devices weren't working, but 1 wouldn't.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    6 months ago

sounds like your hardware is messing up.

you might try resetting to factory. believe it or not this often works.

otherwise, a new phone is in order.

• SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

HEY ACE, IT STARTED WORKING..TRY READING THE ENTIRE QUESTION...DO YOU STILL THINK I SHOULD FACTORY RESET?

• 6 months ago

Does it work the other way also, when wifi is off and data is on?

• SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

yeah it worked and still works on data, play store stopped working altogether on wifi, but other things did.

• 6 months ago

Do you have the "hot spot" enabled on the phone by chance? Turn it off and see if the problem goes away! If you change the channel on your router and connect to that SSID (which may be the exact same settings you are using before changing the channel) Your phone will change channels! The channel is set at the access point, not at the device you connect! You don't really have to "turn off" 2.4 or 5 gig, you simply CONNECT to the correct system. The phone will use the 5 gig if you connect to the 5 gig SSID and ignore the 2.4 SSID! If you have them both set to the same at your router --- change it! Make the one on 5 gig MySSID-5g leave the 2.4 MySSID . Learning how to use wifi critical. ! :)

Source(s): Years of systems
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.