Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles Β· 6 months ago

Could I enlist in another branch of the U.S. military under my new identity?

I served honorably in the U.S. Army for 6 years got my discharge then went on with life. During that time my family members and I fell out bad.... I wanted nothing else to do with them so I changed my last name and later on fail victim to identity theft, thus getting a new ssn. I've lost so much. I've been from shelter to shelter. All I wanna know is is if serving my country again but under my new identity is possible.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Best answer

It depends on why you were honorably discharged, but short answer YES you can re enlist unless it says otherwise in your discharge.

Just because you have a new identity doesnt mean your a "new" person. The military will know you have served before under a different name which is why they ask the did you go by another name and have you served before. And even if you lie they'd surely find out VERY QUICKLY once they take your fingerprint.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

they'll know .........................

• 6 months ago

They probably fingerprinted you, so they would know who you are. Re-enlistment would be possible as long as you didn't try to hide the fact. However, they have certain standards about age and it COULD depend on how old you are as to whether they would consider it. The issue is that if you reach age X and have not yet been promoted high enough, they decide that you will not keep up. That is why many Navy lieutenants and LCDRs are honorably discharged - no progress towards career ranks.

• John
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Near the top right side of your DD-214 is the re-enlistment code. RE-1 is what you need to re-enlist. I got out with an Honorable Discharge in 1978 and that was the way it was back then but may have changed by today. By the way Sears Mastercard stole my identity in 2014 and that was a struggle to get my FICO score back where it belongs, above 800.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Can you re-list in the military? maybe

Can you enlist in the military and pretend you did not previously serve? no.

• 6 months ago

If you could enlist now under your prior name, the name change will not disqualify you. If you are asking if the goverment will know of your prior service, of course it will.

• 6 months ago

Yes. You're not an illegal immigrant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.