Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 9 months ago

What does AOC have against cauliflower and why does she say growing it in community gardens is “colonial”?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

She sounds weird, but possibly Ghost has the explanation. Certainly in Britain I know of no colonial associations of cauliflower.

• At first, I didn't know what "AOC" meant . Alexandria Ocasio -- Cortez thinks cauliflower is an insult to the Hispanic community, and she's got something against white men . Forget her . If you like cauliflower, eat it .

• 9 months ago

This sounds inane. Just eat what you want and make sure it's not genetically modified.

• 9 months ago

Her statement is about forcing white culture on the Hispanic community. By planting cauliflower over yuca (a plant she mention in her video) ,the Hispanic community is accepting or is forced to accept white culture over their own. Yuca being a staple in certain Latin American diets.

What she doesn t understand is that yuca is a plant from the South West where is warmer and dryer then NYC. It s too hard to grow in NYC. It would like trying to grow oranges in NY. Oranges grown in Florida and CA because the climate in those state ideal for oranges. Same as reason people grow Cauliflower in NYC during the fall, because the plant can thrive in that environment, where as yuca will not.

AOC, like many Dems, sees the world thru race and class tinted glasses. To her, everything thing, even what is grown in community garden, is, connected to race or class. It s all black/brown vs white, or poor vs rich to her.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

To her and the DNC Colonial is an euphemism for slaveholder. She is reinforcing prejudice against whites and males.

The mantra of the Democrat party has become whites are born racist, males are born misogynist, and straight people are born homophobic, and if you aren't a straight white male then you need their protection.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

it sounds like oppression that this person is talking about , about people that grew their own food together in little plots of land they leased because they were so poor the British did it in war time they are called allotments , I have not heard of this person and I may be wrong but colonial and Britain go hand in hand and it may help you but don't count on it

• 9 months ago

I think she is not very enigmatic. Just think of a nerve ending reacting to blunt force trauma, and I think you will have her figured out pretty good.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 9 months ago

Maybe she was one of those kids that refused to eat her vegetables and now that people listen to every stupid thought that comes out of her mouth she thinks it’s important for people to hear her ramblings.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

she is a moron, and democrats are afraid of her.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.