Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

“It's not like ladylike to fight. Get yourself a husband who will look after you my dear” I want to kill whoever said this, why do people?

think this is okay? They think it’s okay to tell me not to do martial arts because “ladies shouldn’t fight” and that “husbands should protect you” what kind of sick world are these people living in

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best answer

As a female martial art instructor of over 40 years, I can advise you to disregard such a foolish person. Nobody who knows anything about martial art thinks it is about fighting. You carry on, I am a highly regraded and sought after instructor, and nobody disrespects my feminine figure, or my petite size. Keep your own council, and do what drives you. You can help many the way you are headed. Keep up the good work.

• Jea
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

John, I have an 8th -dan jujutsu friend. Didn't I mention leverage?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Try jiu jitsu. I'm cold at it and it only took me 6 months to get good enough to best black belts. If you study hard you'll be raw

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I actually highly recommend married women with menopause take martial arts.

• DKG
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

They should at least do exercise, and martial arts are very mindful exercise.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's not like ladylike to fight. Get yourself a husband who will look after you, my dear.

You should also consider getting a dog trained in BJJ & Krav Maga.

Edit to your comment: No, thank you but maybe you should consider that trolling is for teens.

Edit 2: Yes you are d-lips.

• 6 months agoReport

Don’t know who d lips is hun

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Martial arts are fine, but "fighting" in general is rarely necessary and rarely is a good solution. Live your life the way it makes you happy and don't pay attention to social expectations.

• 6 months agoReport

You clearly don’t live in a city full of morons who get drunk and start fights, a lot of stabbings around too.

• 6 months ago

And here's what I say. Your first line of defense is always yourself.

• I've never been told that. Do you live in Alabama or Afghanistan or something?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I don't know who you are, but you have one of my accounts blocked, so I am approximately 90% sure this is a trolling attempt.

• 6 months ago

I absolutely agree with you a lady should be able to defend themselves because there a lot of sick people out in the world.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What’s the difference between you and a man?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.