How do I tell my son not to be an astrologer?

he has dreamed of going into space since he was a small child. but since Obama closed down NASA and we dont go into space any more I dont have the nerve to tell him he cant get his dream. A neighbor said that in russia that they are still shooting people into space and she said he could move to russia after college and be a cosmotologist there. but number one he wouldnt speak russian and number two i have heard there stuff isnt as safe as amercian stuff. what do i tell him?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Best answer

He might be good at predicting next year's hair styling fads.

• 7 months ago

Astronomy deals with space, astrology deals with whether or not you'll meet your soul mate tomorrow.

NASA still exists. At worst, you could tell your son he might not become an astronaut, but he could work with other great scientists and help in other facets.

• 7 months ago

According to Wikipedia: As of January 2018, people from 37 countries have traveled in space. 553 people have reached Earth orbit. 556 have reached the altitude of space according to the FAI definition of the boundary of space (62 miles high), and 562 people have reached the altitude of space according to the American definition (50 miles high). Only 24 people have traveled beyond low Earth orbit.

Of the 37 countries whose citizens have traveled into Earth orbit, 25 have only flown a single space traveler, and 4 others have only flown 2 each.

If your son truly has the "Right Stuff", and he knows that he can educate himself with a technical college degree, or get a military officers ranking, tell him go get it. Just the fact that, for example, he gets an engineering degree, or becomes a military officer, there will be a job waiting for him in industry. Military experience is known to be a plus since many of those people have people management experience, which is sorely needed in industry. The wiki link below has links to biographies on just about all astronauts in the world. Perhaps your son should read some to see if he has anything in common with these people. When I was young, I too wanted to be an astronaut, in the Apollo days. But reality generally forms when you get older, and we tend to engage upon the most convenient future goals, in my case, a local junior college, before entering a state college.

• 7 months ago

When did NASA close down?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Assuming you mean astronomy

Read up on the biographies of real astronauts.

Most have had wonderful careers in astrophysics or astronomy engineering. They have had a career in chemistry, physics and have had military experience. Their whole career isn’t just being an astronaut.

NASA is still alive.

Read biographies of active astronauts. See what their education and work experience have been

https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/active

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Astrology, which is a pseudo science, has NOTHING to do with ASTRONOMY, which is the study of the stars, planets, and other objects in space. Astrologers are like "psychics" or fortune tellers at the circus. They think they can divine the future by reading the "cards" or by some other "magic" trick. But it's totally false. Astronomers, on the other hand, are scientists- real scientists- who study the planets, stars, black holes, and who search for extra terrestrial life.

NASA is still in existence, although the shuttle program was disbanded in 2011. I know this because I have a relative who works for NASA. He's an engineer and involved in the work to help fight climate change. And yes, Space X, which is a private company, is also very active in developing rockets and other technology.

If your son wants to become an astronaut, then the first thing he needs to do is learn how to FLY airplanes, particularly jet airplanes. And the best place for him to do that is in the MILITARY. The two branches of the service which have made a science out of teaching people to fly are the Air Force and the Navy. If your son has the grades, test scores, and a high enough academic rank to do so, he should consider attempting to get an appointment to either Annapolis or Colorado Springs. And instead of trying to discourage him, YOU should be supporting him. There's nothing wrong with his wanting to be an astronaut. Lots of kids-girls as well as boys- dream of going into space.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You don't. When he has to make any choices, he'll be old enough to do so without your permission.

As a parent you should love and support your child, regardless of their chosen career.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Astrologers DO NOT fly to the Moon or anywhere else in space. They read Natal Charts, and they know about the universe, planets, the zodiac, etc. You have confused astrology with space travel, which only an "astronaut" does. You should not be ordering him not to do something but you can make suggestions that would assist him in making up "his" mind. It's "his" life and he has to live with it the rest of his life. Reading Natal Charts is a good way to make some extra cash but he would not make a full time living at it. He would not have to move to Russia to do that. I don't know the job market for astronauts. If he wants to be one, he should check into it.

Source(s): Studying Esoteric Astrology.
  • 7 months ago

You are either a troll or unbelievably deficient in your vocabulary.

• 7 months ago

NASA still operates and SpaceX is the next biggest American space corporation. There are plenty of opportunities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.