Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 year ago

What do I need to register my car in NJ?

I'm going to buy a car off of someone with a clean Philadelphia title I dont have insurance on the car because I dont own it yet do I have to get car insurance to register my car at the dmv? And what documents am I supposed to bring?

1 year ago

First things first.....you'll be needing a car.

• zipper
    1 year ago

Title if you have brought it out right, insurance card intentions, money and ID DRIVER LICENSE WILL DO!

• olivia
    1 year ago

Visit an engine vehicle office and complete a Vehicle Registration Application (Form BA-49, found uniquely at engine vehicle offices). Present the ebb and flow enrollment (if conceivable), ebb and flow driver's permit and verification of protection. Pay the required reestablishment expense.

• May
    1 year ago
  • 1 year ago

You need to get car insurance first.

• 1 year ago

Maybe

• 1 year ago

First, in some states, it's illegal to own a car without insurance, so you have to get insurance at the same time as you buy it or before you buy it -- you can't wait until after.

Second, you can't drive it until you get insurance. Not even one inch. Make sure it is parked legally when you buy it, because until you get insurance, it has to stay wherever it was when you bought it, even if that means paying a lot of parking tickets.

• jj
      1 year agoReport

It is not illegal to own a car without insurance in any state. Car dealers and junk yards don't have driver's insurance on their vehicles!
      It is illegal to drive an uninsured car on public property and roads.

• Ron
    1 year ago
    1 year ago

1.You have to transfer the title into your name.

2. Have proof of insurance

3. Lastly you register the car

• g
    1 year ago

The NJ DMV will not ask you to show proof you have insured the vehicle to be able to register the vehicle. However, you certainly will need to activate an insurance policy on the vehicle by the date you plan on taking possession if you wish to legally drive.