Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 9 months ago

A dude messaged texted me off of eBay and wants me to accept his PayPal transaction and told me he’ll pay with friends and family.?

He doesn’t want to do the transaction on eBay. I know this is sketchy but aren’t I technically not losing anything because he can’t scam me this way?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Not only should you not send the merchandise curse that scumbag out for trying to take money off of hard working people

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Tell him to send a certified check or postal money order.

• P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There's ways to scam you by reversing the Paypal transaction days or even weeks later. eBay has protections against that where as Paypal transactions outside of eBay can be vulnerable to that type of scam. Often he is using a stolen paypal account. Once the real owner puts out a fraud alert Paypal will reverse the payment to you.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You have no recourse against him if he uses friends and family. He could cancel the payment after you've already shipped the merchandise.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Scam. They send forged email from PayPal, so you think you've been paid. But you haven't.

• 9 months ago

This appears to be a scam attempt. You better walk away from it before it's too late.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

walk away while you can.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.