👻
Lv 4
👻 asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 6 months ago

What to do if you feel like your WiFi has been hacked?

I feel like no matter where I go online, I’m being stalked by a troll, I’m tired of it.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Hey, this problem is very often. You need to secure your wifi. I would recommend to read this article, so you could better understand what is the problem with wifi and how to protect yourself from trolling.

https://reviewedbypro.com/the-best-vpn-for-public-...

• Win
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

maybe you're a targeted individual and you could do more research on that topic. We are being watched all the time anyway. The only way to prevent it would be to live in a cave in complete isolation and no electronics.

• 6 months ago

Change your password and make sure that was very strong.

• Lv 7
    6 months ago

change your password.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's unlikely a "troll" would hack your WiFi since they would have to be a neighbor or someone close by and that doesn't necessarily even give them access to where you are going online. Most hackers work from 1000's of miles away and would gain access to your specific computer to see what you are doing. Maybe you are infected with something, maybe someone is just good at finding your posts or you just like to post things that trolls are attracted to. It's impossible to say without very specific evidence. Either way it's very unlikely your wifi is hacked and I wouldn't go suspecting neighbors unless you have evidence.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Change your password for that connection.

• 6 months ago

You FEEL like - have you any proof? Are you avoiding open public WiFi and sticking to private password protected WiFi, have you changed your WiFi password (and other passwords) and used you phone as a mobile "hot spot"? If you have no proof of stalking you may not have a WiFi problem, you may have a you problem.

• Marvinator
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Change your wifi password and if you use your phone as a 'hot spot' turn that off. Check the router for all attached devices when you feel someone is 'lurking' and that should allay any fears. Remember that someone using your wifi must be within 25-50 feet of the router, so they would be nearby.

• 6 months ago

Change your WIFI password. You can check your router for "attached devices" periodically to see if a machine (computer, laptop, phone etc) is attached without your permission.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.