Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 year ago

Curing acne ?

When I was in sixth grade that’s when I noticed I started getting some pimples. In seventh, they were staying there now. Eighth grade, they kinda were just there with some blemishes and pigmentation. In ninth grade, it stopped being pimples and it was more just some here and there but lots o hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and tiny bumps on my forehead and chin. Help please ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Don't worry, you're not alone. Up to 90% of people get acne, most frequently teenagers. Try this to treat it:-

- wash your face regularly with a facial wash which is designed for acne prone skin. There are different types of face wash made for acne prone skin, but you may find some products work better than others, so you need to work out what works best for you. I would recommend that you try clearasil. That was what I used when I was a teenager, and it helped me quite a bit. Also, any face wash or scrub which contains tea tree can be good at treating acne. If you use a facial scrub, use one which is gentle. Don't use a harsh scrub, as it will only irritate and inflame the acne.

A good one will be oil free, and I would also recommend that you look for 'non-comedogenic' or 'non-acnegenic' on the label. This means that the product is designed to treat acne.

No matter what type you use, make sure you don't over wash your face. This will otherwise dry your skin out, meaning your skin responds by producing even more oil, which can make it worse. Twice a day is fine.

- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water - this helps wash away impurities.

- Dissolve some aspirin tablets in the water you wash your face with to help dry your skin

- Make a paste from baking soda and water, dab a bit on your spots and wait a few minutes, then scrub your face with more of the paste and rinse. This exfoliates dead skin cells, loosens blackheads and leaves your skin smooth.

- Apply a dab of toothpaste (the paste kind, not the gel kind and not the tartar control one, as the chemicals are too harsh) or some manuka honey to you spots and cover with a first aid plaster before you go to bed. This helps dry the spots out quicker.

- Apply a dab of cortaid to spots to reduce tenderness and swelling.

- Apply some witch hazel to your skin with a cotton wool ball or pad to remove excess oil.

- Coat your face with a thin layer of PVA glue and let it dry, then peel off - this exfoliates your skin. It's water soluble, so will wash off easily should it stick to your eyebrows.

- Add a teaspoon of epsom salts and 3 drops of iodine to half a cup of boiling water, allow to cool, then apply to the clogged pores. Repeat 3-4 times, reheating the solution if necessary.

- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water, then apply to your face with cotton wool to re-adjust your skin to the correct pH.

- Dab some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton wool pad or ball and rub on your face to cleanse your pores.

- Mix a teaspoon each of corn starch with lemon juice, apply to pimples and let dry - this helps the spots dry quicker.

- Apply some liquid shoe polish - the pipe clay and zinc oxide dries the spots and helps bring them to a head

- Dampen a tea bag with hot water (don't wring it out) and apply as a compress

- Put some mouthwash (not cool mint, as it contains sugar) on your skin with a saturated cotton wool ball or pad, wait for the tingling sensation to stop, rinse with warm water, then splash your face with cold water to close pores.

- Dab some neosporin on the affected area - the antibiotic helps clear up acne.

- Make a bowl of porridge according to pack instructions, apply to your face, cover with a flannel dampened with warm water and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse. Apply for a week or as often as needed - this dries the skin.

- Dab some Vics VapoRub on the affected area to help.

- DO NOT pick at, squeeze or burst your spots - this will spread the oils and bacteria, which will only make them worse and can lead to scarring.

- Resist the temptation to cover the spots in a load of makeup - doing so will make it worse.

- If you do use concealer, put a swipe on the back of your hand, then apply with your finger. Applying it directly with a stick or the wand will contaminate the rest of the makeup.

- If it's really bad, consult a dermatologist for help.

Hope this helps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Sandlewood red power face oack mixed with milk every two-three days kills germs so acnd doesn't come back. And evens skin tones. My zits are gone bc of it

Did you use unfiluted lemon on your face. It causes acne over time bc it destroys faces mantle

Other things that stop acne & might even skin tones:

Licoric root powder (don't use more than 1/4 a handful of it everyday for no longer than 4 weeks - stop if you have any side effects licirce has a lot of side effects)

Papaya

Nettle(beware of side effects)

• 1 year ago

Reduce oil levels on your skin as best and possible and try not to touch your face with your hands too much. Otherwise... it's genetics. Sometimes you can't help it.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I know what causes acne. Hormonal imbalance. Minor acne used to only occur during puberty, a time when the body's hormones are changing the body, so a time of flux.

However, in our modern times, we eat crap that is easy and quick and cheap, and it causes a very similar state of hormonal flux.

Cheif among the crap that causes hormonal chaos is fructose, via sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).

All this junk wasn't a part of our regular diet until the 1950s, so you rarely see people with acne pre WWII. Obesity was even more rare.

That's because obesity is caused by the same hormonal chaos as is acne, and both are reversed by quitting sugar, etc as well as alcohol if that is a regular part of your diet.

In fact, fructose is 95% as destructive as alcohol is to your liver.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 year ago

severe acne is a type of bacteria that grows in areas where facial hairs have become clogged with oil and dead skin.

if you eat fewer oily foods, wash your face twice (morning and before bed) it will help.

you may also need special meds from your doctor in extreme cases.

• 1 year ago

Use some cream

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.