How do you know if your engine locks up ?

I got my car from a repair shop yesterday, they replaced the radiator and when I pulled away the car drove good until a message on my dash said that the engine was over heating, I pulled over and waited for a minute and it started up again the it drove for about 15 minutes before the engine started to get hot again I called the repair company and while I waited on them my coolant tank was empty. I put the coolant in and then it came right out. Come to find out they didn t attach the tube that goes from the radiator to the engine. They got there and the ended up putting the tube on but now the care won t start. The lights on the dash and the radio comes on but the car just won t start they took it back to the shop to check the battery but I think my engine may have locked up I don t know what do you guys think ?

• 1 year ago

Simple: If the engine even cranks, it IS NOT locked up.

1 year ago

Having an engine "lock up" is 100% unmistakeable. And very scary if it happens at high speed. Whatever your problem is, it isn't that your engine has locked up.

Overheating isn't "locking up". One minute isn't anywhere near long enough for an overheated engine to cool.

• 1 year ago

Take your car to some other repair shop. The one you're using is clearly incompetent.

• Scott
    1 year ago

Tube? You mean radiator hose? If they replaced the radiator and didn't attach the radiator hose, then they must not have noticed it gushing coolant when they tested it or pulled the car out of the shop? I find that hard to believe.

• 1 year ago

I think you went to a bad repair shop. It does not sound good.