How was it that Hitler and the Nazis were in power for so many years committing Jewish genocide and were not captured in the first place?

I've read articles and books on how Hitler came to power with his Nazi party in the early 1930s - if he had plans then to start a World War and commit Jewish genocide, wouldn't the United Nations - or at least America - addressed it earlier to prevent it from happening? I mean, they could have had other... show more I've read articles and books on how Hitler came to power with his Nazi party in the early 1930s - if he had plans then to start a World War and commit Jewish genocide, wouldn't the United Nations - or at least America - addressed it earlier to prevent it from happening?

I mean, they could have had other country's official to meet with Hitler, and if mass murder was on Hitler's mind, capture him instead of waiting into the middle of a World War?
Update: I'm also guessing the lack of technology in those days meant infrequent communication between countries so people didn't really know what was going on in the world unless they purchased a newspaper, and even then, didn't get all the details.