Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 year ago

Say your ex girlfriend puts bleach in your gas tank will most decent insurance plans cover the damages?

16 Answers

  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    Yes, if you have comprehensive coverage.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    They would not bother as all that's needed is the tank pumped out and refilled you can pay for that out of the money you have in your deep pockets!

  • 1 year ago

    Yes they will, if you have Comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive covers vandalism damage.

    But because there is always a catch, there's a catch. Before the insurance company will pay anything, they'll insist that you file a police report.

  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

    For you NO! Be happy she did not use a litter of Coke that would eat a hole in the tank over night. And you had a girl friend!

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    What damages? Would be no different than pouring water into the gas tank. Bleach out of the bottle is 15% bleach and 85% water. Car just stops running.

    Gas tank is drained of fuel and contamination(bleach water) and refilled with gas and car is started again.

    . I would say your ex girlfriend should study up on how to fawk up your car real good(slowly and effectively destroy it) not that they are that in vindictive because a car is "just a thing".

    . She has other ways to destroy you life IMMEDIATELY : your reputation, your following, your looks, your self esteem, your pride, your sexual preferences.

    . Stories get around like wildfire.[esp juicy untrue gossip]

    Besides, she would know what is LEGAL & what is Vandalism.

    . Insurance may get involved but only if you are insured before the event happened;so see, the girl friend can hurt you financially because you now have to spend money on insurance for a possibility it may happen.

    . Charging her with vandalism:you have to have PROOF.You won't get that because girl friend is smarter than you.

    No wonder she dumped you.

  • 1 year ago

    That would be criminal vandalism, and would be covered under "comprehensive" coverage.

    Its not a question of whether or not the insurance is "decent" its whether or not the owner had opted to pay for the comprehensive coverage.

    The fact that you knew the person who did it does not mean insurance can back out of paying. They can insist that you file a police report and turn over evidence to the police for prosecution, and they might sue the person who did it so they (the insurance company) can recover their losses, but they can't deny the claim.

    If the bleach destroyed the engine in an older car it could result in the car being a total loss. Many old cars the cost of an engine replacement would be more than the value of the car.

    Oh, and there wouldn't be "lots of excess" to pay, you would pay your deductible, the insurance would pay the rest, up to the value of the car.

  • 1 year ago

    I would like to think so, maybe depending on your coverage. But since it’s not your fault you should be covered if anything you could probably press charges on her.

  • 1 year ago

    Is she in jail yet or buried in the woods?

    Call your insurance agent and ask if you're covered.

  • May
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

    They might if you have comprehensive coverage, pay your dedutible and make a police report

  • Bill
    Lv 6
    1 year ago


Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.