Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 1 year ago

Who would win these pro wrestling matches in their prime?

RVD or Randy Savage

Amazing Red or Fenix

Eddie Guerrero or PAC/Neville

Gregory Helms or Tyson Kidd

Chris Jericho or Owen Hart

Davey Richards or Kurt Angle

Kyle O' Reilly or KENTA

Jamie Noble or Alex Shelley

Yoshihiro Tajiri or Ultimo Dragon

Pete Dunne or Roderick Strong

Takeshi Morishima or Bam Bam Bigelow

Pete Dunne or Matt Riddle

Jerry Lynn or Johnny Gargano

Bruiser Brody or Undertaker

• Candle
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Savage: I think Savage had more discipline and focus than RVD, which is an odd thing to say about Savage. He was an over achiever though, and pretty much did everything notable that you could do in the WWF. I'd argue that in Rob's prime, he was working by ECW rules and had to lean on using weapons and Bill Alfonso. Savage was never without a manager. While Elizabeth wouldn't flat out deck Alfonso, she'd definitely make sure her man wouldn't eat a Van Terminator. If Sherri were out there? forget it, Fonzie is getting laid out.

Fenix: Red was quite the innovator and many saw the next Rey Mysterio in him, much like with Fenix. Not to discredit the man's contribution to wrestling (even Rey nicked some of his moves and unabashedly admits it), but Red was "the next Rey Mysterio" almost 20 years ago and he never quite got there. Fenix is being called that now, and I'd say he's gotten further than Red ever did and even carved out his own legacy that could be viewed independent of the shadow of Rey-Rey. Maybe there'd be no Fenix without the Amazing Reds of the world, but as time marches on wrestlers surpass the ones that came before.

Guerrero: Eddie slayed giants. PAC hasn't really done that yet. Eddie's a cunning guy who can eek out a victory, whereas PAC is just a mean bastard. One takes more strategy than the other.

Gregory Helms: This is an interesting one because there is something vaguely comparable about them that I can't put my finger on. I think if WCW had lasted longer, Sugar Shane might've become more than he was. Even in his WWE run as a goofy superhero he managed to score a win over The Rock. Kidd never had that momentum. They're both excellent wrestlers with unique offense, but I think Helms has the edge.

Chris Jericho: Guys like Kevin Owens and Y2J have obsessed over Owen to the point you could argue he's why they're wrestlers. Despite Owen's speed and precision, I think Y2J would have him scouted. It's an odd one to think about, but yeah.

Kurt Angle: I loved prime Davey, prior to him becoming a massive knob who threatened to retire ever year and half-assing WWE tryouts that cost Eddie Edwards a contract. I think Kurt's more tenacious, more technical, and has way more body mass than Davey though.

KENTA: It's another one of those arguments where Kyle was probably influenced by KENTA, but in this instance you can't learn or overcome what prime KENTA had. KENTA kicks hard, and even if Kyle tried to block those kicks, I think he'd still suffer for it.

Jamie Noble: Hear me out on this one. Noble accomplished something that Alex Shelley has never accomplished, and that's singles success in RoH. Jamie Noble/Gibson held the ROH World Championship. Shelley never did. The best Shelley's ever done anywhere that matters as a single was TNA, and even then he only captured X-Division gold. I think Shelley is a great athlete who should've been a blue chip singles prospect, but he never got that opportunity. Noble's held world gold in a viable promotion, so I have to go with Noble.

Ultimo: Prime Taijiri lived in the shadow of greater Japanese wrestlers, and that includes Ultimo. Dragon's a way more diverse and well-rounded athlete than Taijiri who really only relied on strikes, the tarantula, and some mist now and again.

Pete Dunne: Contrary to stats and title wins and the outcome of confrontations, I think Dunne's a harder man to beat than Roddy. It took WALTER to dethrone him in NXT UK as champion after a long and respectful reign at the head of the roster. Roddy was the type to win the big one only when the bigger fish would flee the pond.

I don't know Takeshi Morishima so I'll skip.

Pete Dunne: This one's harder, but I don't think Dunne would ever fall to the likes of Kassius Ohno, no matter the circumstance.

Johnny Wrestling: As much as I love Lynn, I think Gargano's superior in the ring. Neither man's win-loss record is much to write home about, but I think Johnny's more dynamic than Jerry in the ring.

Undertaker: I like Brody, but he was always the monster to conquer on the bigger stages. He never got the mystique or dominance of an Undertaker behind him. Don't get me wrong, he was a hard man who competed in some savage bouts, but Undertaker never had to resort to some of Brody's tactics to win a fight.

• 1 year ago

Randy Savage

Fenix

Eddie Guerrero

Tyson Kidd

Owen Hart

Kurt Angle

Kyle O' Reilly

Alex Shelley

Ultimo Dragon

Pete Dunne

Bam Bam Bigelow

Matt Riddle he would get a bigger push

Johnny Gargano better all around

Undertaker better all around

• funnel
    1 year ago

Whoever was told to win.

• Uzaif
    1 year ago

Randy Savage

Amazing Red

Eddie Guerrero

Gregory Helms

Owen Hart

Kurt Angle

KENTA

Jamie Noble (tough to pick)

Yoshihiro Tajiri (again tough to pick but i'll pick Tajiri because I saw him during my time, Ultimo Dragon maybe a better wrestler)

Pete Dunne or Roderick Strong (I have no info about both of them so I'll leave it

Bam Bam Bigelow

Pete Dunne or Matt Riddle (again no info about both, Sorry Fella)

Jerry Lynn

Undertaker (Fun Fact: Bruiser Brody was the first opponent of Undertaker.

• Spyro1 year agoReport

Thanks for answering, and following :)

• Wrestling is scripted. It would be up to the promoter.

1 year ago

Randy Savage

Eddie Guerrero

Gregory Helms

Owen Hart

Kurt Angle

Kyle O' Reilly

Alex Shelley

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Pete Dunne

Bam Bam Bigelow

Pete Dunne

Jerry Lynn

Undertaker