Why am i afraid to die though am saved?

• Carym

Did you not know that the relationship between God and us is quite unique. Therefore, the purpose of life is to pursue intimacy with God? Yes, salvation is our rescue from the Sentence of Death (because of sin) but intimacy is to define our life with Him. This means that we CAN KNOW what is truth experimentally, but until it has set us free, we have not become it in experience [1 John 4:18]; [John 8:32].

Then we will love His promises and not just relax in it but also delight ourselves in it. The day we became saved, our soul (spirit) was redeemed. Therefore, Stephen could say, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." He knew where he was going [Acts 7:59]

Therefore, "hellocopter" deserves BA.

You are awakening to complete reality and in a short time you will understand that you have been lied to when you are again back to reality.

• Carym

denies His existence! "You tell me!"
      However, you can still make it right with God. But time is marching on...

Most people if they tell the truth are afraid of death ... The main reason is because of the unknown ... I heard a song by Aretha Franklin that had these words in it ... I am so tired of living, but I am afraid to die, because I just don't know whats beyond the sky ...

What will take your fear a way is by having a closer relationship with the Lord and the way you do that is by getting into The Word of God and praying and the question you have asked here ask Him to take your fear a way because fear comes from the enemy ... God will help you to overcome ... your fear ...

The very word fear means in acrostics ... False - Evidence- Appearing - Real ...

• Jeremy

Because even though they've promised you life after death, they've no way to provide any testable evidence backing up that claim. And, you realize faith in something isn't proof that it is true.

• Carym

Btw, mm, the soul is the seat of our thoughts and these are also created in the soul (you claim you do not have) and only processed by the brain. If I can remember correctly, you went up in flames two comments back. Can someone who speaks from the ashes, speak with purpose...??

Death wasn’t a part of God’s original plan for mankind but there will be a resurrection of both the righteous & unrighteous according to Acts 24:15.

• antonius

The bible is nothing more than tales used in selling religion which today is used to milk the gullible out of their.

Jesus was .

It's natural to be scared about dying but far better to die with a hope beyond the grave than without hope at all. Once saved always saved is not a scriptural teaching. Many who believe and dedicate their lives to God eventually fall away that is why the Bible tells us, he that has endured to the end will be saved. Mark 13:13.That end being ones own life course or to the end of this system.

For more information regarding the wonderful hope that God through His kingdom arrangement holds out to mankind beyond the grave, please go to Jw.org /Bible questions answered /Hope for the dead -or similar questions. You will find all the well researched answers you need and more.

• antonius

All sales magazines claim their product to be the best. That's what the bible is claiming.

Let a mature Christian give you advice about your fear. This is what he wrote on the problem of fear of dying, for a Christian.

"Many of us Christians have become extremely skilful in arranging our lives so as to admit the truth of Christianity without being embarrassed by its implications. We fix things so that we can get on well enough without divine aid, while at the same time ostensibly seeking it. We boast in the Lord but watch carefully that we never get caught depending on Him. Jeremiah 17:9 - 'The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?'

Pseudo-faith always arranges a way out to serve in case God fails it. Real faith knows only one way and gladly allows itself to be stripped of any second ways or makeshift substitutes... The man of pseudo-faith will fight for his verbal creed but refuse flatly to allow himself to get into a predicament where his future must depend upon that creed being true. He always provides himself with secondary ways of escape so he will have a way out if the roof caves in...

To the man of pseudo-faith [when we shall have nothing but God] that is a terrifying thought, but to real faith it is one of the most comforting thoughts the heart can entertain. It would be a tragedy indeed to come to the place where we have no other but God and find that we had not been trusting God at all during the days of our earthly sojourn. It would be better to [seek] God now to remove every false trust, to disengage our hearts from all secret hiding places and to bring us out into the open where we can discover for ourselves whether or not we really trust Him."

My question to you - has God replaced your deceitful heart with a new heart that beats for Him? If so, then you will trust Him for whatever follows death, though all of us do have some fear as to the manner of our death, whether it will be painful or prolonged. Yet the saved Christian knows that death is but a transition into eternity with their Lord and Savior. The Bible points out that it is the devil who keeps people in fear of death, but that Jesus frees people from that bondage. Read Hebrews 2:14 to 13:1.

Source(s): The Price of Neglect, A.W. Tozer pp12-14 (Christian Publications Pennsylvania 1984)
    • antonius

Annsan_In_Him, stop lying! You don't know me, never met and you certainly don't know anything about me. "If the light within you is darkness ..." That is bible babble

• sarah

(John 5:28-30) 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. 30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

• antonius

sarah, you have no idea what " I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me" means.

You're almost there.