Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 year ago

What would you think of a guy who at 26 is going to be dad and he's in 7th heaven because of it?

The girl he loves is pregnant and he almost cried of happiness when she told him. He couldn't believe that bow he has a girl that he loves more than himself and now a child, a family. He actually never had one, becausw his family didnt last long. Her mom died when he was 9 and his dad at 12. An illness and a tragic work accident. He was adopted but never fit in with the new family so he grew up in child care. Now everyday when he comes from work he hugs her and kisses her, and after dinner he lays on the couch with her and caresses her belly, talks to the baby, kisses it softly cause he doesn't want to hurt the baby. He feels emotional everytime her girlfriend takes his hand and puts it where the baby kicks. He just lays there with his head in her chest and his hand on her belly. He feels excited, happy and aftaid at the same time. He looks at her differently and when she describes him how the life with the baby will be (we'll hold him/her, we'll change and bathe the baby, we will play and kiss him/her, we'll give him all the love we can) he starts daydreaming. He buys carillons and other baby things and sometimes hears them alone and feels again innocent and calm. It's like the girl gave him everything he missed. Love, affection, a family. He just cannot realize that it's happening to him and he wonders if the life he had til now was worth to be called life

• LizB
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm glad he's excited, ever child's parents should be that lucky to be so eagerly anticipated... but have to say, the realities of parenting are going to hit him like a ton of bricks. Parenting a newborn isn't all cuddles and giggles and ooey-gooey Hallmark moments. In fact, there isn't just a whole lot of that, because mostly it's stress and sleep deprivation and worries and doubts and trying to figure out just how in the heck to keep a tiny human being alive, all the while while trying to remain a more-or-less functioning adult in all other areas of your life. Don't get me wrong, the precious moments are there, but they are embedded between a royal sh*t ton of hard freaking work.

• Mark
    1 year ago

The age would not throw me off as

25sh is a common age for 1st time parents

but being on a TV show for it would though.

• edward
    1 year ago

Okay...he almost cried? I did. When my wife told me she was pregnant i did cry and that happened when i was 23, i’m 24 now. So i say, he sounds normal

• 1 year ago

Sounds like a poorly written fan fic, but good for him if he's happy about being a dad.

• John P
    1 year ago

Good for him.

• Jack
    1 year ago

I think it sounds like a woman is writing this for fan fiction or something.

• GTB
    1 year ago

I think he and the wife of the child he had w her need to get married

• 1 year ago

i think its good hes excited about it

• audrey
    1 year ago

It's so nice to hear about a man being that happy.

• 1 year ago

Sounds like a novel