What dog breed would you recommend?

Hello, my fiancé and I are getting married in a few months and we’re thinking about getting a dog soon after the wedding. I’ve had dogs before but he hasn’t and he isn’t a big fan of how excitable and high-energy some breeds can be. I also suffer from allergies that give me hives with short and wire hair breeds but... show more Hello, my fiancé and I are getting married in a few months and we’re thinking about getting a dog soon after the wedding. I’ve had dogs before but he hasn’t and he isn’t a big fan of how excitable and high-energy some breeds can be. I also suffer from allergies that give me hives with short and wire hair breeds but I have no issues with dogs that have longer or softer fur. We’re planning on just visiting a few area shelters and seeing if there are any dogs that he likes that also don’t make me itch but having an idea of what to look for would be helpful. We prefer larger dogs but other than that have no biases on breed. We also have 2 cats and will be planning to have a baby within a few years. Any suggestions?
20 answers 20