Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 year ago

How can I overcome the depression of going to be bald?

I have male pattern hair loss for some years, it's not very advanced, but not very initial though. For years I struggle whether I should take the medicine (Finasteride), but I am so worried about the possible side effects, I once took it for a month, I could feel some degree of decreased in sex drive and quality of semen, I am not sure if it's placebo, but I know I really can't decide if I should go bald or go to have the medicine.

I truly understand that hair is not important to men but your wealth and your money , your house, I understand all these totally, but I also

feel SO bad, or a kind of depressed... when I see my head at the mirror or reflected surface....

Yes, hair transplant is a possible solution but looks like the patient still needs to take Finasteride after hair transplant, so this is not a solution to my worries about Finasteride

1 year ago

Go to some speciality places that make custom hairpieces for men. I have seen some of these & they look REAL. I am a woman with very fine, thin hair. It drives me crazy, so I wear a hairpiece or a wig now. At first I felt weird doing it, but I've received so many compliments & no one knows I'm wearing one. I just say thank you & never tell them I'm wearing one. I have spent time going to good places & buying human hair. I've been willing to spend the money because it's important to me.

• Kate
    1 year ago

While I understand your personal feelings on this, it is natural. I (a woman) am losing all mine through cancer but hey, good excuse to go wig shopping.

• Kate
      1 year agoReport

thanks for your kind offer. I am lucky to have a strong supportive group of friends and family.

1 year ago

There are indeed hairpieces and wigs that might help especially for women, with no real big ego, but hell no hair does not bother them when they faced cancer or hair, cancer or hair?

I honestly find men with no hair attractive and the truth is it is no big deal to see numerous bald men around. I prefer that over some idiot with long stringy dirty hair any day.

The thing here is not your hair it is YOU accepting what you are and what, based on your desire to change things, willing to do or not do.

• 1 year ago

Woman actually like men without hair, its way more manly and shows dominance. Embrace the baldness

• 1 year ago

wear a hat

• 1 year ago

Hey, guy. Don't listen to any of these people who tell you to suck it up or it doesn't matter. I am going through something similar except I'm a 20-year old female and have no idea why it's happening to me. The depression is real. Hang in there. You could try Rogaine or maybe a wig if you think that would help you feel better. I hope everything works out for you.

• KJC
    1 year ago

Take it from a woman that doesn't care if a man is bald. It's actually more stressful and irritating to me to be with someone who is obsessing over it and spending tons of money trying to avoid it (been there, done that). It's ok. You'll look fine. Keep fit and have a decent personality. That's more important. I promise.

• patty
    1 year ago

a man with a lower sex drive would be appreciated by women. What about Rogainne?. Go to a dr. I read where men who go to those hair places can get ripped off.

• kelvin
    1 year ago

see a therapist

• 1 year ago

get a wig