Alright so I’m a 17 year old and well I just hit my own teachers truck in the school parking lot! And I don’t know what to do next?

So I’m at fault I excelled into the back of his truck which was parked by the way.. and I bent the back part of his truck and left a scuff... and well I overheard my dad saying it’s $3000 in damages and i think I’m about to tear up and cry more. Because I don’t get paid enough to pay off $3,000! And I just don’t know what to do, I know it’s life and it was bound to happen one of these days but I’m just a teenager and never gone through this before and I’m actually terrified I just need an experience person to reply to this that knows what to do in this type of situation, to help me take the next steps because trust me there are damages to my parents car like a hole from where the trailer hitch hit and of course damages to his truck like I stated earlier. Sorry for this long paragraph but I’m freaking out I just don’t know what to do.

You must have insurance, yes? Insurance pays for claims due to accidents. Your insurance policy should pay for the damages to the teacher's vehicle and the vehicle you were driving. If there was no insurance, then your parents must pay as you are a minor. If your parents did not have insurance on the vehicle, then this is THEIR fault for being irresponsible to allow their teenager to drive an uninsured vehicle.

So your Father knows already. Only thing to do now is to come clean and speak to the teacher. Teacher won't be impressed, nor would anybody else, but should at least appreciate your honesty. I assume your Father will accompany you or speak to your teacher also. Perhaps they will come to some suitable arrangement between them.

• car253

Accidents happen every day. You are not the only one. That is why we have auto insurance. Your dad's auto insurance company will pay for the damage. The damage to the teachers car is paid under your dad's auto insurance policy on the "liability" portion called "property damage". That covers the other car if you are at fault for the accident. If you dad also has "collision" coverage on his auto insurance policy, that part pays for the damage to his car. So, ask your dad if he has liability covers for your teachers car, and collision coverage to fix his car.

Dear god a 17 year old should not drive unless they know what the hell INSURANCE is or you are just a troll.

You should also know that your Daddy's car insurance will absolutely sky rocket if he is even insured or this is even true! Why?? Because you are a 17 year old male if the avatar is correct.

I thought this was pretty funny lol

• May

Alright, well, actually, punctuation.

well

Whenever you have an accident notify the police and your insurance company. Alright actually, well everyone should well actually know that.....Alright

• lj1

Alright well this kid is well alright terrified well alright so alright well give them a well break alright?

Well, your parents insurance should cover it, unless your Dad is a *****. We all make mistakes, and having kids means you have to accept their mistakes and provide a guidance to them through them. To make you pay for all the damage is not the best way it should be handled.

Your parents call their car insurance company and file a claim and you pay more attention to your driving.

i would talk to your teacher about it and rnaybe you can just offer to rnake payrnents on it

Tell your teacher

Get a part time job and make payment arrangements or go through your parents car insurance.