Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 year ago

Did I do something wrong?

Me and my friend both need money, there is a job at a department store. My friend found the job first and planned to apply but I faked a headache and got sent home from school early and applied. I got the job and now my friend is angry at me.

As far as I am concerned I got their first, if you want something in life you climb to the top to get it. That is what a real man would do but my friend told me it was sneaky, devious and slimy, he called me a snake in the grass and a low life rat b*****d.

But it is just survival of the fittest, I wanted the job and got to it first. But my friend won't talk to me anymore and says he is "done"

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

What you did was pretty sneaky. You knew your friend was going to apply. He trusted you and he shared information and you undercut him. That is hardly a happy way to live. If I were your friend, I would feel the same way he does. It was like stealing and he will never trust you again. You are not trustworthy, you are not a good friend, and you did a snake in the grass thing.

• That's not fair. It's not like the job was promised to the friend or that he has ownership of it or would even have necessarily been hired, it's open to everyone. The friend who lost the opportunity is childishly pouting and needs to learn that he can't always have his way. Tough turkey.

• ron h
    1 year ago

If I was your friend, I wouldn't be now. He found the job and you cheated him out of it.

• 1 year ago

It's not survival of the fittest he confided in you and you used it against him for your own personal gain and you lied and went behind his back. You did do something wrong and don't put quotations around done you know why he feels like that. Well next time you get a friend don't do that again.

• 1 year ago

I don't recommend you to repeat what you did. You learned your lesson. Let it be your reward. If you can reverse the situation, it's only better for you. If not, next time you act differently. We all fail. But wise people learn from their mistakes. Be the wise one!

1 year ago

I disagree As much as Finance is nor romance , SHe found out from this freind I am assuming so SHe backstabbed her freind intending to *** **** her out of the job I would say Fine your a **** go **** yourself and DIE... lol I worked as a Teen ager and Infact brought My best freind along and we ended up working a 2 hours a day after school job ON the grounds of a museum at age 15 -16 we would come in at 3 be assigned the days focus and work till 5 ish Imagine being 15 and trusted to work an hour after our supervisors left for the day... I've also had Interviews for career type positions with freinds having an appointment before or after me, In one case we Both knew the supervisor hiring and He knew Us both Looking at our resume's the supervisor asked a Mutual freind (OF all of us) what he should do or who he would Hire because I had skills and he had other skills... Our Mutual freind KNew the other guy who was Older then me wasnt as skilled as me and would have trouble with jobs like this (he worked in Resturants as a cook ( AT the other job he ran a burger stand on the museum property and would always feed me and our "other freind" who worked there ...(lol) I was a little upset when i found out NOT only did he get the job BUT My freind recommended him over me when HE was a cook and I drove trucks of all sizes (the job was driving) But i learned our freind Knew I would always be able to find good paying Jobs while he had Poor skills to make a career ... Ultimately about ten years later we all Took a Fire department test and got hired I worked 22 years The cook is still working will retire soon and the other freind, worked 24 years before he killed himself :( The Bottom Line is sure YOU ****** your freind over showed your full colors ... now live With whatever it brings if you work there 30 years of 30 minutes eventually You'll realize it

• ron h
      1 year agoReport

Friends are the family you pick for yourself. Your second friend was a good friend and a good man. And so were you--you understood that the cook needed a little help that you did not.

• 1 year ago

Personally I think what you did is wrong, I agree you need to climb to the top and survival of the fittest etc, but what's more important, a job you're going to work at for a couple months maybe a year. Or a friend that would be there for you if **** went down? If losing your friend for the job feels worth it for you, then no. You did nothing wrong.

1 year ago

Yeah, that was pretty snaky behavior.

• 1 year ago

Yes you were wrong. Darwin himself said his evolution theory (survival of the fittest) was wrong a few years after he published it. His continued research into the subject made him see (and publicly support) Jean-Babtiste Lemarck work's as the true means of evolution.

Even if it was a true theory using it justify your dishonesty doesn't make your actions right. You cheated by faking a headache for a job you wouldn't had known about if it wasn't for your friend. Real men don't cheat their friends out of a job. Real men find their own jobs while they support their friends in getting the job(s) they talked about.

So you did do something wrong and if you care even a little bit about your friendship you will apologise for being a jerk. Or you don't apologise and just accept this friendship is over because he's right to be done. If you did this with a job, no doubt you've been unpleasant in other areas as well with such an attitude. And such an attitude doesn't bring many friends so his reaction is not surprising. He can get better friends and if this is the way you treat your friends he probably should too.

• 1 year ago

He called you a snake thats true. It wasnt right for him to call you the other words though. You lied to get out of school and you decieved your friend. Thats.not right. Life is not about the survival of the fittest. God decides who he sees as the fittess and who isnt. The fittest is the one who obeys Him which includes loving your neoghbor as yourself. This includes doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. God forgives us if ask for forgiveness and turn from our sins but we also reap what we sow. So you should apologize to your friend and to God.

• ron h
      1 year agoReport

no, the name was earned. It's his.

• Uri
    1 year ago

Fvck him. The job is more important than your friend because someone will pay you for what you do, while nobody's paying you to be his friend.

• ron h
      1 year agoReport

On the other hand, I've had some friends from HS, an long time ago, and my longest job was 4 years... Jobs come and go. Actual friends are for life.

• Murzy
    1 year ago

This is Finance not Romance.