packing clothes?

Do you Roll them or Pack with travel cubes? or just do whatever

Update:

Switch way have you like the best?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Packing cubes--sometimes I pack full outfits so I just have to pull 1 cube out each place, other times I put all one type of clothing in one cube--that way I can find all my tops, underware etc. It also works well as if the suit case gets opened, everything doesnt fall out all over.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Fold them neatly, then the customs guys end up roughing them all to hell.

• Blueangel886 months agoReport

So far i been rolling them and use packing cubes it does take up space if you going way for one month to you go back your home state but i think it better for when you going for two weeks

• 6 months ago

I roll whatever I can without wrinkling them. So, for example, for a ten-day trip I pack six nights worth of clothes and plan on doing laundry for four nights to fill out the ten nights. So I can pack for a ten-day vacation into one carry on sized bag. I pack and roll:

6 pair of undershorts

6 T-shirts

6 knit shirts

3 trousers and/or cargo shorts

3 pair of socks (I rarely wear socks)

1 pair dress shoes (if necessary)

plus 1 or 2 dress shirts, tie, and blazer jacket flat, not rolled

I check the carry-on bag through. But I have another, smaller carry-on bag that I actually carry onto the plane. I pack:

prescription pills

electronics (outlet adapters, camera, etc.)

travel kit with toothbrush, etc.

jacket and/or sweater

rain poncho and umbrella

documents and anything I wouldn't want lost in baggage

Source(s): Personal experience traveling overseas on ten-day vacations

Wish i can pack that much so far I pack like 20 pairs of clothes to go for one month of august where I go we dont have washer dryer it got wash way from Hurcane Sandy have hit so we go my uncles to do laundry and we could bring 2 check in bags, One to bring back stuff and one for clothes.

• C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm a folder, sometimes even with tissue paper to keep garments wrinkle free. I've tried rolling and wasn't amazed by any space saved; I just wondered if rollers were bad folders.

So far I've been rolling them but this year if i go this Summer with my dad I will try roll the with out the cubes i think cubes take up most the space and If i go this year, there was a argument with my uncle and my grandpa last Summer but we usually go for one month of August to down the shore

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Roll them. I do that in my dresser drawers too. Uses less space.

So for a I been rolling them in a packing cube but i think i will do without this Summer if i go with my dad to my family beach house this August maybe earlier but i do think that take up more space with packing space if you going a month

• Brian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

There are some travelers who swear by rolling since it allows them to pack more and get rid of unused space. Others say they just love layering since it prevents their clothes from wrinkling.

I've been using packing cubes and roll them but i think it take more space so this summer if i go with my dad i will try without it but it does help for when it rains it doesn't moist the clothes and wont get wet

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.