Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 year ago

The Game of Thrones Finale is filled with plot holes and I’m calling them all out. Why is there still a Night's Watch?!?

Game of Thrones just aired its conclusive episode, and, to put it nicely, it was terrible.

Whew.

Though so much happened, most of the events lacked context outside of the wider span of Season 8, with few logical conclusions arising from the seven previous seasons of world-building. The finale left the show with more questions than answers, and I am disappointed and expecting better of a series that spent so much time dwelling on detail and nuance its first six seasons.

Following the finale's airing, here are the questions I need answered.

Jon as a Targaryen

What was the point of Jon being half Targaryen?

The Night's Watch

What is the Night's Watch even watching anymore??? None of this makes sense

Jaime and Cersei's Demise

So Jamie and Cersei could have lived if they moved a little to the left?

Everything with Arya

so you’re telling me that white horse at the ending of episode 5 was all so that arya could ride around the ******* block?

In conclusion: The final season of Game of Thrones was a disgrace.

• Snid
    1 year ago

Life rarely has a point. Why should a TV show? Don't try to think of everything in a literal sense. This is a FANTASY show. It's fiction. The finals season of any show usually makes a point of wrapping things up. Tying up loose ends. GoT did just that. I thought they did an excellent job of it. Nearly everything that happened was foretold in earlier seasons. People have been criticizing and analyzing this season far more than any of the others. I just don't get it. Just because it didn't end like people wanted doesn't mean it was a bad show or a bad season. I loved it!

1 year ago

Jon Snow being a Targaryen wasn’t pointless. We find out why Ned risked his reputation to save his nephew. It’s one reason why Daenerys went “mad.” She was jealous that he had a greater claim to the throne and that he was more liked.

Tyrion said there would always be a place for bastards and broken men. My interpretation of that is that it will serve as a prison. They don’t have much to do up there. The wildlings have made peace. The Night King is no more. That’s just my explanation.

Jaime and Cersei looked good considering they were crushed by large bricks. They should’ve just committed suicide by poison. Would’ve made more sense.

The thing I don’t understand is Bran granting the North independence and the others not saying anything. I don’t see why they wouldn’t also want independence. Bran being elected unanimously didn’t make sense either. No one questioned whether a emotionless crippled would make a great king. Bronn being Master of Coin was dumb too.