Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

My cousin adopted a child but our whole family disapproves of it - what should I do?

The kid is not real blood. She already has a biological daughter, but couldn’t have a second kid so she adopted her “son”.

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

but out , say nothing to family

act proper to the mother and child as if it is blood

• Grace
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

If my brother had kids I would be glad to be called an aunt but it is not going to happen so hard to say expect be glad you have family and appreciate them. Not every family is the same and in the past my cousins son whom had never met gave me an amazing gift to save my life and make it different so you might want to rethink this because maybe this kid needs help and will do something amazing one day to help someone and give this kid a chance please...

• ron h
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

What should you do? Accept the child as her son and as brother to his sister. Can't do that? Crawl off and die.

• Jane
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Adoption is not a new thing.People have been fostering and adopting for centuries. I don't understand why this is such a big deal in your family.

Sounds like you are worried that your family will disapprove of you if you accept this child.

Do you want to be the person that is so scared of family that you would refuse to love and welcome a vulnerable child?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

It's really none of your business. And it's also a done deal which means tit's just going to be that way so learn to adapt to this situation. Maybe your cousin should cut out her life those that don't approve?

• 7 months ago

Learn to accept. Who cares if the son is not "real blood,"? More importantly, does he have any problems that show up towards the rest of the family? Is he a bad kid all the time? What is he even like? Do you know?

• Me
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Good families are formed by love, not just blood. How awful that your whole family is so narrow minded.

You should accept her new child as your cousin. Show him the same love you would show any other other cousin. He is family.

• 7 months ago

Selfish is all I got to say about the Family. At least welcome him into the Family. Pretend to be in her shoes and see how she feels pretend that was you.

Lv 7
    7 months ago

Welcome him to the family and make him feel welcome

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

if any of you cannot accept a boy that needed a loving home your cousin should cut you all out of her life. best for her and her children. selfish family

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.