I think I have diabetes?

So I used to urinate about 2 times a day. Now I m urinating about 6-7 times a day, however I don t feel thirsty alot. I still drink the same amount of water I normally do. However it s just that I ve been urinating more lately. I have been eating quite alot of sweets and chocolates. Do I have diabetes?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

It's not diabetes! Urinating 6-7 times a day - though unusual for you - is not abnormal (by the way twice a day is weird). Excessive urination from diabetes comes hand-in-hand with excessive thirst. Plus, you didn't mention waking in the night to pee.

Maybe your body has finally regulated itself. Or you could have some urinary infection. Keep your eyes open for other symptoms.

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

blood tests - namely fasting blood sugar level - will rule out - or rule in diabetes.

blood for fasting glucose level is to be drawn after a minimum 8 hours and better 12 hours overnight fast- not including plain water.

a blood sugar level of 126 milligram or more percent after a 14 hours fast makes the diagnosis of diabetes.

please, get the advise of your Family Doctor there, in real life.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Go see a doctor then

• 7 months ago

You do not have diabetes. I urinate many times a day because I drink lots of fluids during the day

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ambar
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

If you are worried you have it, maybe get checked out by a doctor. Maybe look up the symptoms online, there may even be an online test you can fill out to give you an idea if you are at risk.

Check out the following link, it describes what Diabetes is and what we can do to avoid it …https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g2014...

The following link sends you to a bunch of great articles on health, love the articles, they are so helpful and you can read them for free online ... https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/peace-happin...

• 7 months ago

I have no idea if you have diabetes, but if you're concerned about getting it, or that you have it? The Ketogenic way of eating CURES diabetes 2. It does not cure diabetes 1, but it improves it.

Maybe see a doctor. And i don't care what your doctor says about the Ketogenic diet - it's perfectly healthy for a diabetic. Best thing they can do for themselves. You really need to lose all sugars and grains from your diet. All of them!

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

no you don't

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Go to your primary physician, I didn't think I had Diabetes, until I did.

• 7 months ago

I had similar problems but after undergoing a random sugar test, I was found to be negative. However, a urinary tract infection was later diagnosed when I carried out the next test. So please go carry out test to know your problems.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I think you can't spell? What is "alot"?

• 7 months ago

The way to find out is to monitor your blood sugars .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.