Can wine stoppers prevent leakage while on flight if applied to bottles of other liquids or alcohol?

Or does anyone have advice for a leak-free flight when it comes to carrying bottles of liquids or cooking oils in your luggage? But then I almost forgot some oil bottles have spouts below caps that aren't easy to remove. Have anyone managed to carry those types of bottles leak-free through flight especially... show more Or does anyone have advice for a leak-free flight when it comes to carrying bottles of liquids or cooking oils in your luggage?

But then I almost forgot some oil bottles have spouts below caps that aren't easy to remove. Have anyone managed to carry those types of bottles leak-free through flight especially when opened before?

Have anyone tried shoving a cork in bottle necks deep enough to put the cap back on? What would you do if the cork was a little too thick?
Update: And of course I'm referring to when you pack them into your checked baggage rather than carry-on.