What can I use instead of chorizo in my food?

I'm hosting a dinner party and some of my friends are Muslim. What can I substitute chorizo with to get more or less the same flavour?

Smoked paprika is the major flavouring of chorizo. Regular paprika doesn't taste of very much at all.

there are all sorts of beef sausages out there. If you cannot find one that gives the flavor you prefer, make something else.

Salam,

We Muslims can eat all sea food, all vegetables and fruits, and halal and kosher meat.

wa salam.

Soy chorizo.

Trader Joe’s has an excellent one.

Chicken or turkey sausage and add your own garlic and paprika.

Go for a plain sausage not one with a lot of sage.

Your other option would be to change the menu to something that you can make without substituting such a strong component of a dish.

• Lv 4

some IDIOTS can't handle the TRUTH. this is so obviously the correct solution.

Why don't you ask them for ideas?

Halal meat, chicken, anything but pork.

What specifically are you making?

You didn't bother to give any actual information or context.

• Lv 4

because melancholy is a LEVEL ONE TROLL!! try not to take it so hard when internet TROLLS TROLL.

Don’t they have the turkey version.

• denise

Chorizo contains paprika, you could add some in your cooking.

Perhaps you could try chicken or lamb sausage instead? maybe marinading them in a paprika / herb rub?.