UK Veggie needing meat advice!?

Hi there, I m 23 years old from Manchester, England. I have been raised a veggie my whole life but now in an effort to trim some body fat I want to up my protien intake (I know I can get veggie protien like quorn but most taste awful and the ones I do like are hard to find). I have tried bits of chicken and fish over the years so I am comfortable starting with those protiens, however as my mum is a strict veggie due to religion, she won t let me bring meat into the house. I need some advice on what are the best tasting lunch/deli/ready made chicken and fish options from any UK supermarkets that I can eat at work for lunch. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

• Katie
    1 year ago

Vegetarians NEVER eat chicken and/or fish.

1 year ago

But are you a vegetarian or not?

• Tavy
    1 year ago

M&S have loads of cold meats and sandwiches, plenty of cooked chicken. Is there one near you?

• 1 year ago

why not just trim your calorie intake?

over weight is not because of one certain diet, its because of eating too many calories than you burn. no need to change WHAT you eat, but you do need to change how much you eat.

More fruit, less fruit juice, no soda, skip any and all deep fried snack foods, fruit instead of pie, cake, candy and cookies. More veg, less carbs.

• ckngbbbls
      1 year agoReport

Soda isn't food so in essence, it isn't what you eat.
      What makes you think you need more protein? Most people eat far too much protein to start with, including vegetarians and vegans. ALL veggies, beans, nuts, seeds and whole grains have protein.

• 1 year ago

You could try tinned tuna, sardines or salmon. Not in olive oil, as this greatly increases the calories. Tuna is the lowest in fat of the fish mentioned Pilchards are the same fish as sardines, but pilchards are a mature fish and sardines an immature fish.

• Maya1 year agoReport

Thanks for answering the question, will try your suggestions.