What makes people believe video games are a less dignified form of entertainment compared to others?

Video games are usually not very different to films or television programmes. There are plots, characters, settings and so on. The only real distinction is the fact you can interact with them and sometimes influence how they unfold. There is also a challenge element. I think people who have this mentality have... show more Video games are usually not very different to films or television programmes. There are plots, characters, settings and so on. The only real distinction is the fact you can interact with them and sometimes influence how they unfold. There is also a challenge element.

I think people who have this mentality have inferior brains.
Update: Many video games are violent, with adult ratings, so the argument about this form of entertainment being aimed at children is absurd and pathetic.